UK Spouse Visa

Under the UK Immigration Rules, a person who is the spouse or partner of a British citizen or someone settled in the UK (i.e Indefinite Leave to Remain) may apply for a Spouse Visa if they meet the eligibility criteria.

Our Immigration Solicitor will advise you on the legal requirements you need to meet in order to apply for a Spouse Visa. Our Immigration Solicitor will also advise you on the documentary evidence to be submitted in your Spouse Visa Application. In so doing, our Immigration Solicitor will assist you in completing the Spouse Visa Application Form.

What is a Spouse Visa?

Our Immigration Solicitor will advise that you seek the help of a UK Immigration Solicitor in order to process your application

  • A spouse visa applies where an individual is married to a British citizen or in a relationship akin to a marriage. The applicant’s spouse must be someone who is settled in the UK.

Who can apply for a Spouse Visa?

Our Immigration Solicitor will advise you on the eligibility criteria to apply for Spouse Visa. You are eligible to apply for a spouse visa if you are:

  • Over the age of 18
  • Married to a British citizen
  • You have met your spouse in person
  • Meet the new income threshold set by the Home Office as off 2012; earn a salary of £18,600 per annum or have cash savings worth £62,500. However, other requirements might apply for applicants in receipt of certain benefits or allowances, or pensions. Our Immigration Solicitor will advise you will advise you on the ways of meeting the financial requirement.
  • If you have children/dependents you must show an additional financial requirements, which varies depending on the number or dependents. Our Immigration Solicitor will assist you on the level of the financial requirement you need to meet to sponsor your child/children.
  • Your spouse must show in evidence that he/she has adequate maintenance in order to support you (and your children if any).
  • Your spouse must also show that they have adequate accommodation in order to house you/your children.

Further Requirements for a Spouse Visa

Our Immigration Solicitor will advise you if you need to meet any further requirement for your Spouse Visa application:

  • If you are between the ages of 18-65, and are not part of an EEA country, you will be required to take an English Test with a minimum Level A1 certification at an IELTS approved test centre (unless you hold an University Degree from a British University)
  • If you are from one of the Home Office’s listed countries, you must take a TB Test and provide medical evidence of this.

ILR for a Spouse

Our Immigration Solicitor will assist you in extending your Spouse Visa, and in applying for ILR when you meet the requirements to do it so:

  • Your Spouse Visa is valid for a period of 33 months. Under UK Immigration laws, you may renew your spouse visa.
  • After 5 years on Spouse Visa you may become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

How our Immigration Solicitor can assist you?

Cross Border Legal are UK Immigration solicitors with expertise in Immigration and Human Rights Law.

  • Our Immigration Solicitor is able to assist you with your Spouse Visa application which can be made from within the country or abroad.
  • Our Immigration Solicitor is willing to help with complex immigration issues relating to your spouse visa application.
  • We are able to have a Skype conference or phone meeting , where the Immigration Solicitor will discuss your immigration matter further.