UK Spouse Visa Financial Requirement – Savings Calculator

 UK Spouse Visa Financial Requirement and Supplement Savings Calculator 

As most of you may know by now, the government has introduced a new income requirement for British and settled people wishing to sponsor their non-EU spouse/partner since 2012. This brought the requirement for the British national (sponsor) up to an earning of at least £18,600 per annum, with no third-party sponsorship allowed (you can’t get your rich uncle to stand in for you like old times).

These rules have had a disastrous effect on Brits who are not earning a high income but never less play very important roles contributing to this nation; people such as teaching assistants, care workers, etc., who would not be able to meet this threshold, in fact it is reported that up to 40% of the UK population do not earn this level of money. Continue Reading →

Adult Dependant Relatives Visa: The Alternatives

Alternatives to the “illusional” Elderly Depedant Relatives Settlement Visa

In my line of work as a UK Immigration Solicitor giving free initial advice, I have been receiving numerous phone calls from people who wish to know whether and how they can sponsor their elderly non-EEA parents and grandparents to come and reside with them in the UK. Since the level of confusion regarding the relevant rules and requirements is evident, I thought it would be a good topic to cover in my blog today. Continue Reading →

New Requirement: Members of HM Forces to meet a minimum income threshold for Spouse Visa

This may be shocking to believe : but believe it or not, from the 1st December 2013, Army Members, (Yes! that’s right…. they guys who go and put their lives at risks to defend our rights and freedom) will have to meet the normal spouse income threshold to sponsor their non-EU spouse. According to the proposals, and I quote:

“Members of HM Forces wishing to sponsor a non-EEA dependant to come to or remain in the UK will have to meet a minimum income threshold. This will be £18,600 for a partner, £22,400 for a partner and child, and £2,400 for each additional child.  ”

Continue Reading →

Visa For Main Carer Of British Child -Zambrano: EU children outside EU

MA and SM (Zambrano: EU children outside EU) Iran [2013] UKUT 00380 (IAC)

In what I would term as a legal goldmine for parents/couples with British/EU children stuck abroad due to the very strict Immigration rules the Upper Tribunal recently delivered a ruling that has extended the Principle in Zambrano to people with British/EU children abroad. If you are a couple with a EU/British child and one is stuck abroad or you are both stuck abroad with no chance of coming back with your children under the recently changed rules then listen closely! Continue Reading →

Difference Between Titles :Solicitor, Lawyer and Advisor

Difference Between Immigration Solicitors/Lawyer and Immigration Advisor 

I wonder how many of you know the difference between the Immigration Solicitor, lawyer and advisor? And is it important? The reason I am writing this post is that I don’t think solicitors been tarred with the same brush with so-called advisors. I have had several clients who have come to me gun blazing with complain of legal representation and advice previously given by legal reps. Most have alleged to have been ripped off by a solicitor, but upon close examination, it transpires there legal rep were neither a lawyer nor a solicitor. Continue Reading →